Day's End


Ps 104:23 Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the
evening...



By: Sheila

This is twilight, as it looks here in my own little back-yard piece of earth. I find, the older I become, I am more and more comforted by reliable things like sunrise and sunset, the passing of seasons, a certain pair of shoes or comfortable pajamas....and chores. There is nothing like the feeling of a day well-spent, doing meaningful work. Summer brings its own routine: water, weed, and tend the garden in the morning. Pick tomatoes. Harvest basil. Carefully snip dead blossoms from my huge containers of petunias. Feed and water the many pots, clay and otherwise, of various blooming things like dwarf cannas, ferns, impatiens, and herbs. I am deeply satisfied when I begin my work early, and end it just as the sun is going down.



This is life, as God intended.



Evening....at my home. Come and sit on the back porch and watch the sunset. Another day's work is complete, my friend.

1 comment:

Mrs. V. said...

Sheila, thanks for stopping by Quiet Pleasures! I addressed your question on my blog but see that you were able to figure it out on your own. Playlist is such a nice thing on blogs ~ I really enjoy seeing what everyone else's taste in music is.

The picture of your yard is lovely. That is one of my favorite times of day.

Blessings!

Mrs. V.