August's Finery

"Fairest of the months!
Ripe summer's queen.
The hey-day of the year
With robes that gleam with sunny sheen
Sweet August doth appear."- R. Combe Miller

Vivid yellow roses - a surprise from my Tim....






Part of our dinner tonight...just-snapped green beans, simmered with plenty of onion and bacon, cherry tomatoes, seasoned with coarse salt, freshly ground pepper, and a splash of olive oil...simple.





The sunflower and zinnia garden, at its peak this week.


More sunflowers!




The finer offerings of August....




....and a hint of what's to come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos you have throughout your blog, Sheila! I have now officially caught up and read every post. :)

I just wanted to let you know that I added your link (under Friends with Blogs Elsewhere/not on HomeschoolBlogger.com) to my Blog and then linked to you directly from my latest entry:
http://homeschoolblogger.com/donnac

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment & visit on my blog, Sheila!

I will be looking for that order! You know you'll be getting an autograph copy by the author, don't you? Most have to ask for it, but I'm already there for you!! Homeschooling One is definitely different. I hope my book is helpful for you.

Sheila Atchley said...

Thank you for the link. I'll do likewise!

Javamom said...

A toast ~ Definitely!

¡Salud!