Fall is Almost Here!


I love September. It is my favorite month of the year. It places few demands on me in terms of family get-togethers or birthdays. September usually holds very little obligation, and I aim to keep it that way. It is the month of the autumnal equinox. Autumn begins on the 21st of this month, and autumn is my personal springtime. It is the time of year when I feel most refreshed - my season of new beginnings. Good things - miraculous things - always happen to my life in autumn:


My first boyfriend was an autumn event. (I was only 15. He was a freshman in college, attending the University of Tennessee.)


My first kiss was in autumn.


My second boyfriend was in the autumn of my junior year in high school. Interestingly, his name was "Rusty" - a prominent color in the autumnal scheme.


I fell in love with my Tim in the autumn of '85.


We married on a beautiful autumn evening in '86.


...besides marriage, there have been other life altering gifts I won't elaborate on. God has always given me gifts in the fall of the year. Many times, He has granted some desire of my secret heart when leaves blaze russet and apples fall from heavy laden branches. I won't flaunt those blessings in detail. Suffice it to say good things will happen to me every time the leaves begin to turn "lipstick-kissed red". Miracles can happen when whole trees turn golden.


Any day in September is a good day.

2 comments:

Hannah Nichole Atchley said...

I love this post mom.
Partially because I so love the Autumn season too. (I must get it from you)
It is my favorite time of the year. A time of refreshing and renewal.

Chris Welch - 07000INTUNE said...

Sheila,
Someone else who can see unalterable patterns in their life!!Was beginning to think it was just me!!!
Listen, I have just amended the fact that you do not feature in my blog list...hope that is Ok. And thanks for the encouragement on my early posting!