We're the Jet Set...



Tim and I are part of the "jet set", but it's not what you think. I truly believe that those who reach their forties and fifties, who have nearly-grown children living at home, and who still manage to have a vibrant love life - those people are the elite. They belong to a band and a brand of married couple nearly vanished from this planet.


It is rather like being a member of the "Mile High Club".


And if you don't know what that means....just nevermind. Or go ask your mom.


To claim a happy, healthy love life in this stage of the game is a stunning admission. But I have to raise my hand and confess to it - and it is no less rare than belonging to that fabled "Mile High Club".



So yeah, I'm part of the "jet set". It takes the same amount of bold, same amount of brass, same amount of stealth, same amount of sneaky to pull it off. Those of you with more than one teenager (or twenty-something) living at home...you know it.


Timothy, my love, I raise my glass and propose a toast....


"To us!"

(zoom, zoom)

PS. Yes, I am a Christian. Yes, I am referring to sex. God thought of it first.

6 comments:

Hannah Nichole Atchley said...

lol- I will be the "first brave christian" to coment on the post lol lol lol.
Good for you mom and dad.
Put that- do not disturb- sign on your door anytime :)

Sheila Atchley said...

BWWWWWA HA HA HA! Someday, dear daughter, you will understand ALL TOO WELL.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I'm blushing. Sheila, you are too much! LOL, Elaine

Unknown said...

Just wait until the "empty nest" . . .

Sheila Atchley said...

Sorry Elaine. *smile*

Lesa, I'm counting on it.

...sometimes, life is just too sweet for words. Sure, it is also hard and heart breaking. But the sweetness God has made available, in that marriage relationship. My man is my best friend, and you know what they say about best friends. *eyebrow wriggle*

(...they make the best of lovers.)

Sometimes I sit back and think to myself, "All this, and JESUS TOO!"

Yeay, God.

jame said...

I am at my desk eating a granola bar getting caught up with trying to read everyone's blogs. I was reading this and got to the P.S. part and I busted out laughing And I shot granola from my mouth. Rock on Sis!! WAHOO!