A Word Fitly Spoken...

I am one who feels she has experienced the goodness of God in her life, more than His discipline. I'm a trophy of grace. Goodness and mercy follow me, by design. The Lord does so many things "just for me" - things that typically stay "our secret" for many months or even years, before I share the stories. I am His Achsah (Joshua 15: 16-19) ...a daughter who boldly asks for, and receives, unheard of double-favor - as much, if not more, than any son. But I have not altogether been without long seasons (so long!) of being disciplined by Abba...otherwise, I would be an illegitimate daughter, and not an heir. The rod of discipline eventually becomes the "rod...that comforts me." I see a propensity in God, by His use of the rod in my life, to drive me through rough and frightening places, on into green pastures beside still waters, so that ultimately I can experience true joy.

Towards that end, I share this quote:

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers." ~ M. Scott Peck

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW! That is so TRUE! So just happened to me this very week, Tuesday matter of fact.

I Love you SO very much
Angel

lydia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lydia said...

I just had to pop in and say, "I love Nickel Creek!"

Sheila Atchley said...

Lydia, so do I! They are one of my favorites. Angel - you know when you are experiencing God's dealings, don't you? I, too, can often point to a certain DAY, sometimes even a certain TIME of day....knowing that "this thing happened" that God might prove Himself to me in a fresh way. Painful? Yes! Necessary? YES!

Then, other times I can point to certain days - or a string of days, like pearls, and sigh happily and call that day a "kiss from God"...one of those unusually perfect moments or days, when His touch brings pure joy, and the rod of His authority brings me delight.

Unknown said...

So well said, Sheila. Discipline and delight. You stated, with such clarity and simplicity, a truth that challenges us. Thank you.