And a Very Happy Blog-Birthday to Me!



my very first picture, on my very first blog, last year. it took me forever to figure out how to do it! opening the door of my heart to the world was an unforgettable experience.


One year ago, this month, I plunged into the blog world. You can't quite call me "cutting edge" can you? I was a late comer to the blog scene, but that is just fine with me because I have a life to live, otherwise there ain't nothin' to blog about. I had been limping along for years with a used and always crashing laptop, and busy with life in general.


Last year, on Father's Day, Tim secretly got ME a new laptop. That was "his" 2008 Father's Day present. He's like that....and yes, I am blessed to be the most cherished wife in the world. Don't think I don't know. I am profoundly grateful every single day. I couldn't help but think about my husband, my laptop, and the birthday of my blog this past Sunday - Father's Day 2009.


I'll never forget clicking the icon "create blog". I'll never forget saying my first words. It felt like (timidly) opening the door to the world, and inviting them in for June peaches and pound cake.


And you came. You visited me! You like me! (How lame is it, to say that? I can't help it...) Lydia, Jamie, Ursula, Joel, Caryn, Chris and Christine, Dan, Jul, Ann, Donna Jean, Kim, Robyn - and so many more, along with my church family (who have indulged my passion for the computer keyboard, and borne with my need to write above and beyond the call of duty or friendship).


I have shared my passions, my home, my church, my children, a son's high school graduation, a daughter's wedding, birthdays and anniversaries, my heart and my thoughts and even a few of my secrets in this place, over the last twelve months. Blogging has been one of the sweeter blessings of my life, this past year. I am looking forward to my second year of seeing the world through the eyes of a writer - and more than that, through the eyes of a blogger. I hope I have been as gracious a guest on all of your blogs as you have been on mine.

Time is precious. Your time is most precious of all. I count it a joy and a privilege that you would spend even a minute or two with me here. Please come back and say hello when you can.


A toast: to blogging. Ain't it fun?

9 comments:

Hannah Nichole Atchley said...

I love it, love it, love it... and I'm hoping to get back into it on mine again :) Hopefully, now that my schedule is once again predictable, I'll be able to settle down, settle in and blog again. But, yours by far, is and will remain, my favorit visiting spot :)

Unknown said...

Happy Blogday friend :) And here's to many more!!!
with love,
Maria

lydia said...

Congrats Sheila!! So glad you came and joined us in blogworld this one year ago!! I have been blessed by the open door into your heart!! Here's to many more sweet posts to come..............

Sheila Atchley said...

I hope you DO get the time and energy to blog again, Hannah, because I know you love it.

Thank you, sweet Lydia and Maria...

Donna-Jean Breckenridge said...

A toast to: YOU! :-) You bless me through this door to your heart.

Dan Bowen said...

A very very happy blog birthday to you!!! A year passes so quickly, I count myself fortunate and blessed indeed to still have some of your earlier commments of encouragement, and fun! :) Here's to many, many more years of sharing your heart - because we love it!!

Robin in New Jersey said...

Happy blog birthday, Sheila!

I look forward to reading your posts and being blessed each time I come here.

Here's to another year of writing!

Kelly said...

Happy blogday, a little late, but things have been a little busy around here and I haven't gotten to visit like I want to. Your blog is what inspired me to start one. Love you.

Ursula said...

Did I read that right? Wait I like you? WRONG! I love you to bits!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so a mama to me...and thats saying something trust me! There are reasons kids don't talk to their mamas at times...they may just be too perceptive. I think you are already! We should talk....we really really should. Skype some time? Or email Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm sorry I've been so quiet...but Sheila, your blog has been one of the greatest blessings ever! Love you loads!!!!!!!!!!!