FAITH!


I was talking to my oldest boy yesterday, after church. He was telling me about how he went fishing one night this past week. He went night fishing, so it was dark, and he didn't have a lantern. He cast his hook, and sat down to fish and pray.


Soon, the Lord spoke to him and said, "Reel in. I've given you a fish." He replied, "I can't see the float." The Lord said to him, "Don't be moved by what you see." He then said, "I don't feel a thing on the line...I have not felt a nibble or a tug...nothing!" God said, "Don't be moved by what you feel."


He reeled in his hook, feeling foolish.


On the end of that line, was a small mouth bass.


When a boy's relationship with God is the emphasis, God is so much more able to train a boy than even his parents are. May he respond to the voice of God, more and more! There is always that choice....to turn aside and "see this thing", as did Moses, or to blindly continue walking in your own way.


"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen."

2 comments:

MrsWendy said...

::laughing:: and not at what you wrote...LOVE what you wrote! This is so VERY encouraging! I'm laughing because we blogged about the SAME type of thing...FAITH and on the SAME day, and didn't even know it! Too funny!

Also, glad your lunch with "Kim-from-Texas" was a blast! How FUN!!

Have a BLESSED day Dearest!

Sheila Atchley said...

We've blogged about the same thing twice in the last week or so...weird, huh? I dearly love you Wendy!