A Walk Through the Garden

A few pictures from the gardens, just this morning. I never "style" my photos, so everything you see is as it is. I want to post pictures of my rosemary and foxglove, but I'm out of time. My beloved and I are planning a trip to the mountains (in the Barbie Jeep) late this afternoon, and I have much to do in the meantime. I'll try to remember to take my camera when we leave, so that I can "bring you along" for the ride - top down. Won't you come? Bring a bit of cash for a snack at Dead Beat Pete's. Maybe bring a hat to avoid what I call "crazy convertible hair"....I never wear a hat, though. I don't mind the windblown look. Nothing more relaxing, in my simple version of the world.



tealights along the back deck...


peppers - got 5 coming in, and a bunch of blossoms!


the sunflower patch - nothing blooming yet...


Kentucky Wonder pole beans in the back, and basil in the front. (There's thyme in the middle, but you can't see it.)



Our old, broken chimnea, now a planter. My gardening apron and back brace (ahem) hanging where I always reach for them, each day.
(Told you I don't style my pictures. Don't they look hideous, hanging there?)




Rudbeckia and salvia. I want tons more rudbeckia! Masses of it! Billows of it!





The hydrangea I planted this spring has finally bloomed.






The butterfly garden...







Roma tomatoes








a small variety of patio tomato - we've a total of 32 tomatoes coming in.
They'll all ripen at about the same time. Want some?









4 comments:

MrsWendy said...

::SQUEAL:: : ) Thank you for a 'walk through your garden'! : ) Its LOVELY! : )

Kelly said...

Nope, I love the pictures just as they are, just real life, back brace and all, at least your behaving..aren't you :) Oh and yes I would love some of those tomatoes when they are ripe, I love fresh off the vine tomatoes..yum!

Unknown said...

How perfectly lovely, someday.... someday... I will have my own garden.... I cannot wait, you must teach me the lessons needed to aquire a green thumb like yours :)

silent wings said...

ahhh so beautiful. I love your gardens! Thank you for sharing them with us. I started to get my hands a bit dirty myself this summer, mostly just pulling and replanting from the wild flowers scattered all over the back property...oh and my wee little salsa garden :)