Jesus is Coming...

As I was out and about today, I ran across something that stopped me in my tracks and made me laugh out loud. That would be nothing new, except I was quite struck with the thought that what I saw sums up many-a-Christian's life:




I laughed, and in so doing made the usual spectacle of myself. ::perky sniff:: Ask me if I care. Then, I sighed, as instantly, my eyes fell on one more phrase, and the truth I saw in it nearly took my breath away, and overwhelmed me with gratitude to Jesus Christ:




(Hebrews 10)..."we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all....this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down at the right hand of God; From henceforth waiting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified."

Ah, yes. He did it right the first time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! I don't have to "look" busy, or even "be" busy.
I am free to "relate" to Jesus Christ (and still do good works)out of love and not fear of disapproval. I am already fully approved of.
My good works are how I can show my love to my Savior - sort of a "thank you" for all He's done and for Who He is to me!

Jamie said...

But I wanted that tattooed on my butt! ***Cackle, cackle***

You're so irreverent...JEESH! I LOOOOOVE You.

Hey, you, beautiful friend.

Sheila Atchley said...

phphphptttttttt...Jamie - of all people, I think you'd really go through with the tat. BWWAAA HA HA!

Thank you for the blog comment...I love you so much - too much. Very very much. I long to spend time with you someday!!

Maria: you hit on a big thing...the fact that we are ALREADY approved of, in Christ Jesus.