Here I Go Again!

the cute couple, compiling their guest list today


I offer you murmured apologies as I once again launch into a four month season of wedding preparation. Sarah and Jonathan have set the date...March! Yeah...this March.




There are already some delicious secrets that have me feeling delightfully anticipatory, and I shan't reveal those. I did run across something that touched my heart, though, and I want to share it with you. I adapted it for myself...




...as I, for the last time, ever in my life, fulfill the role of Mother of the Bride.




It is my heart's desire that I look back at all the pictures, ten years from today, and think ~






Look at how relaxed I was. Fully present in the moment.
Basking in it. Soaking it in. Friends and family all there.


My shoes and dress were comfortable enough for dancing.

My beauty radiated out of me; it was not applied to me.


I got to spend quality time with my friends and family.

I was myself, not a show. In fact, I was my fullest expression of self.


I do not remember whether the invitations were letterpress

or whether the flowers at the ceremony were expensive.


The wedding favors or the fanciness of the reception did not make memories.

The sincerity did. The connection did. The time together did.


It did not matter whether every last detail conformed to the signature colors.

Instead of saying, “That family must have spent a lot of money,”
the guests said, “That family must have a lot of love.”






~adapted from a wedding blog post by Sarah E. Cotner

2 comments:

Chris Welch - 07000INTUNE said...

lovely.......

And good to find the comment box again

Sheila Atchley said...

Thanks Chris! I get bunches of responses via Facebook, so I shut down the comment section here...

I may shut it down again, since again, Facebook and my private email (accessed from my blog) seems to be how everyone comments these days. We'll see.