Oh, Blessed Sun!



We had sunshine today! I'm telling you, a few hours of golden glory, and I am refreshed. Oh happy day.



Home made chicken noodle soup. The bride-to-be is sick, and so momma has to make some medicine. So, so easy! I swear, all I did was toss four chicken breasts (uncooked!) in the bottom of the crock pot, throw in a frozen block of my chicken broth (about 8 cups) and a bit of water just to get it going. Then I chopped some carrot and lots of garlic. Put the crock pot on high and walked away. Last, I pulled the chicken breasts out, shredded them with a fork, and plopped them right back in, and boiled up some egg noodles. Add some crusty French bread and a salad...it will cure what ails you.





More experimenting with macro settings...



The table this evening...




Close-up. Could you resist these plates, four of them for under $20? Nah. I didn't think you could either. If you only knew how perfect they are for our family!



The last rays of the sun, through my pot of tulips in the kitchen window.

3 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Lucky you on finding such great plates! Love them! Beautiful post.

Sheila Atchley said...

Thank you, Tammy! I so appreciate you taking the time to comment...those plates were at my local Hobby Lobby, for 50% off!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I need to go to Hobby Lobby then! I'm all about finding grace! Missed the delicious recipe for soup the first time. I've got to try that. To answer your questions, unfortunately, no that is not my porch. I borrowed it from an RMS friend who gave me permission. It's my dream porch. My hubby is not through with school yet. Will it ever end?! That's the million dollar quesiton. Two more years until graduation. But his background as a P.A. has made it a little easier. He's about to start rotations so we're happy about that. Have a great weekend!