Our New Grandpuppy!

Sarah and Jonathan drove all the way to a Crossville breeder to get their first puppy last night...her name is Amber. She'll live here until Sarah is married in March.

We are all absolutely smitten. Well...everyone but Rambo. He thinks she's "just okay, that's all."

Less than two pounds of eight-week-old adorableness!

Justin and Hannah rushed over to "see this thing which God hath wrought". The entire family sighed and coo'ed over her, then we all (yes, all) took her back out to the front porch, so that Rambo could be properly introduced.


Tim brought Rambo from the back bedroom, where he had been tucked away since before Amber got home, and brought him out onto the front porch, where he properly greeted the baby. No growling, no snarling.


Success!


Then, the entire family went back into the warm house.I swear, when there is an actual baby born into this family, none of us will be fit for normal living. Stop the world, let the Atchleys/Howes/McConnells off. You should have seen us last night, all fighting over who would hold the puppy next.


Pitiful. And completely wonderful.


4 comments:

MrsWendy said...

HOW ADORABLE!!!! Oh she is a sweetie!! Congrats to you all!
:-) Can't wait to meet little Amber! :-)

Anonymous said...

OH my oh my Rambo wont mind if Tim stays close LOL
Is Amber a toy or teacup? She is so adorable, I want to hold her. I am just crazy in love with Poodles I want another one......LOL not really my Kaylee is more than enough...
vickie e

Sheila Atchley said...

she's a maltipoo - parents are a teacup poodle and a maltese. She has her papers, and is very official. :-)

She was a wedding gift from Justin and Hannah. Isn't that the most stunning wedding gift ever??

I would so love a puppy...but now just is NOT the time. ::sigh:: It won't be time for awhile yet...right now, a little critter would not get the training or attention it needs.

I'll miss her when Sarah gets married, and Amber goes to her "real home".

Anonymous said...

I wondered when I looked at her face ..I had a Maltese years ago, she died right before Raveen was born. snifffffff

I know someone that has a maltipoo and they say she is the smartest dog ever..

Yes very best wedding gift ever!!!