Manifold Grace, Abundant Grace...


Look what I bought yesterday!

I can't wait till Monday to make my special announcement...


I am going to be a grandmommy!


Yes. Me.


Hannah and Justin, married last May, are "with child" by their first wedding anniversary. They are ecstatic.


Their dad and I are over the moon. What is the deal with this release of incredible, undeserved blessing in our lives? One thing after another after another, and just when I think it can't get any better...


...I find out I am going to be a grandmommy.


When I told the church family about it this morning, I laid flat-out on the floor! No kidding. I just laid down, on my back, and then said it: "I am going to be a grandmommy!" After all, if bliss could kill, I'd be dead-on-the-floor. There was simply no other way to convey the utter joy.


Harvest Church responded like they always do, for every special, amazing church-family announcement.


They went crazy.


"Grow old along with me", dear friends, "the best is yet to be - the last of life for which the first was made..."


If you only knew the emotional state of my heart a little over a year ago, you would be astounded at what God has done. I thought I understood grace...and I did. But I had yet to apply my theology to my biography.

The moment I acknowledged my need to have the foundations of my life rebuilt, God met me and began a deep work. Then, in recent weeks and months, I have entered a season of blessing and harvest unlike any I've ever known - rich in some ways money can buy, and rich in every conceivable way money cannot buy.


Perfect love does not come until the first grandchild.
~Welsh Proverb

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Congratulations on a new grandbaby. They're the most amazing gift ever. Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

One thing you failed to do is say when the big day will be!!!!!! This is tooooo exciting...Grandmaw and Grandpaw Atchley LOL love it.Ok who will have the twins in the family??? Could not help myself..giggle giggle

Love
Vickie E

SmallMomentsBigJoy said...

Congratulations!!! You have been very blessed indeed.

Can you tell us more about this: "
The moment I acknowledged my need to have the foundations of my life rebuilt, God met me and began a deep work."

MrsWendy said...

Love the bassinet!! Oh what HAPPY times these are dearest!! :-)

Sheila Atchley said...

Thank you, Leanne, Vickie, Wendy, and Joy-Full Mom! (Love that name...)

I will surely explain myself - with "joy"! :-) Thank you so much for caring enough to ask!

Robin in New Jersey said...

Congratulations! You wil LOVE being a grandma!