A Most Happy Saturday

Youngest son, who left home awhile back in a not-so-good attitude, spent the night with us last night. (Funny how he swears our rules and values are too strict, but apparently we aren't such hard-nosed, boring parents that he stays away. He "drops in" often enough!) After letting him sleep in, he woke up and left for his apartment he shares with his brother. My husband (aka "grandaddy"), daughter Hannah, and I finally had the chance to run out to grab lunch and do some baby shopping while her husband Justin was working. Well, we didn't start out to buy a crib....but we came home with one!

::can you hear those angels singing??::

Grandaddy and I went in half with Hannah and Justin on a bee-yoo-tiful crib today, as part of Hannah's birthday present...



Justin got home shortly after we did. Here's grandaddy and daddy putting the crib together...


Figuring it out...



TA-DA!



Mom and dad arranging the canopy...




I was swooning, right about now...





Justin's sense of humor...






Skunk now gone - and the precious "Wendy blanket" draped and waiting for baby...(Wendy - life long, dear friend of the family, who crochets the most amazing things!)


All in all, such a fun day. For reasons too complicated to get into in one blog post, I never got to really decorate a nursery. (Even though I had four babies!) Hannah is so very sweet and gracious to allow me into her process of getting their baby's nursery ready.


God is incredibly good to this soon-to-be grandmommy.


::waving at my new-found blog friend, "Love,Granny"!::







6 comments:

Susan said...

I'm waving right back at ya!!! LOVE the crib and pictures --- and guess what? I really never decorated a 'nursery' for our daughter either -- hand-me-downs from my cousins worked for us!

You are going to have so much fun decorating and spoiling this little one ( uh, well ... I like to tell Michael that we don't SPOIL Lucy -- we just take very good care of her). And it's okay for grandparents to spoil their grandkids! (Don't tell anyone, but I think it's mandatory!!!)

I think you & I need to sit back with a tall glass of iced tea and find out just how much we do have in common. You've got me beat in children, but other than that ...

Have a wonderful Sunday, my friend!

Javamom said...

I am loving this...the stuffed skunk is hilarious!

Now I am wishing we could meet over coffee again. Sooooo much to talk about.

Love and Hugs!

Sheila Atchley said...

Susan, we keep finding things in common. I plan on "taking good care" of our grandbaby too.

Kim, there is a lot to talk about - things too wonderful, and things too heartbreaking. My life has been literally both extremes of late...yet somehow, it all is so incredibly sweet! God is GOOD. His grace really IS sufficient, and really IS made manifest in weakness!

Oh, to be at that little table with you in Barnie's again, with a cuppa coffee.

MrsWendy said...

::SQUEAL:: Oh Dearest, the crib is beautiful and the canopy....so sweet!! ::smiling a mile::

Kelly said...

It is so beautiful! I love the conopy. The awaited grandbaby is half way :) and only a few days away from finding out grandbaby boy or girl :) so stinkin excited!

Sheila Atchley said...

Can ya'll EVEN BELIEVE that we find out who this baby is on Friday??? Thanks, Kelly!