Slipcovers by Sarah




My newly-married daughter Sarah discovered some amazing fabric last week, clearanced for a dollar a yard. She decided, just like that...


::snaps fingers::


...to sew her mother (me) new slipcovers for her parsons-style dining room chairs.

The fabric color couldn't be more perfect. The quality and weight is the best - a very heavy weight fabric with a soft, thick hand to it. Here is the beautiful result, delivered to me just yesterday:



Side view - she also made the pillow.




Back view - contrasting tie



I'm loving this grayish-blue color. This color is going on a wall adjacent to the dining room. It plays well with my beloved white/neutral palette.


My idea for changing up the look whenever I want - pillowcases, standard size. (These are from Target...gorgeous stripes. So fresh and summery.)


My first truly "styled" picture I've ever snapped for this blog.


The whole look...love! (Pink linen napkins bought at an antique shop today, $5 for all four! They are trimmed in a tiny white crochet!)


Thanks, daughter. I could not be more happy, more comforted, more cheered! (Well, I could be, but only if you found out you were...you know. But no rush. Really.)


I love you...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

love the colors, and that Sarah, she is so talented!

Dr. Kong said...

oh..it feels so good to add something we made by ourselves (or a person close to us:)) to our home :)