A Blue Christmas - the COLOR Blue

I'm having a bit of a "blue" Christmas, but I'm not at all sad...

This is a little tree I put up in my dining room every Christmas. This year, I was inspired to decorate it differently than I have for at least six years! (I think it is about time for a change, no?) So I added touches of turquoise blue...

...with pops of red. I lovelovelove the red/blue combination. It is so close to the orange/blue combination I also love, and have been decorating with.





I used simple burlap for a tree skirt on this little tree - and leaned my big wooden initial "A" against the wall. This picture doesn't really do it justice - the look is so adorable!






Please excuse the extension cord...ahem. I promise, when I'm ready to share more pictures of my red and turquoise dining room, I'll do better.



My six-foot-three "baby" and I baked our traditional Ginger Snap Christmas Cookies today...just the two of us. We found out yesterday that he'll be looked at by a small college in a state south of us...won't say who yet...not a junior college, either! The assistant coach will be in touch with Tim, if they like what they see. We're praying that his "hooping skills" increase more and more! I snapped this picture today, thinking that this time next year, he could actually be away at _________ college. Who knows?



...the finished product. YUM!




...and he packaged up a dozen, as a gift to his girlfriend. What a sweetheart!

Friends, I pray your Advent Season is blessed and highly favored. My heart is very, very full these days, and I expect the overflow to spill onto these pages. Thank you for spending a little time with me...I love you!

2 comments:

Faith said...

These wouldn't happen to be the giant ginger cookies from the red and white Better Homes & Gardens cookbook would they? If not, they look just like the ones we make in the fall and at Christmas that come from that always reliable cookbook :-) Love your Christmas decorations, especially the picture of the mantle you put up a few days ago. This will by my first year ever with a real live Christmas tree as we discovered a tree farm a mile or so down the road... Yay!

Sheila Atchley said...

Faith, I LOVE that cookbook, and use it often! I don't know if it is the exact recipe - the one I use is written on a recipe card, from my mother - I think handed down from her grandmother, my great grandmother. It is probably much the same. I even adore the way these cookies LOOK...that crinkled effect. :-)

Hope your Christmas season, with the new baby and all, is blessed! Thank you for stopping by.