Gratitude Journal


...for a snow white Maltipoo puppy.

...for friendships that last a lifetime.

...board games...

...for the (finally) long T-shirts! I can't tell you how much I love the latest, long, lean shirt silhouette. Please God, may we never go back to those unflattering "belly shirts".

...massages at Day Spas...

...helping a daughter roast her first turkey...

...for friends with names like "Faith", and friends who live in "Faith", and friends who walk in faith by grace through faith.

...for the gift and the grace of the gift...

...for finances...

...berry cobblers, red lipstick, and the cute little blonde my son is dating.

...being blessed with two daughters who outgrew the silly, giggly "need to be the center of attention" phase by age seventeen, more or less. It was fun while it lasted, but it didn't (and shouldn't) last long. That's why it was fun. Today, they are poised and mature and confident.

...the last lettuce harvest of the year, for a garden being "put to bed for the winter" this week, for western boots, and All Things Handmade...

...40's music, cold nights and warm days, the view outside my own kitchen window.

...being literally surrounded by friends and family this past year. Seriously. How many times did they literally surround me with their love? I finally understand the Scripture, "You surround me with songs of deliverance." The songs are raised by the men and women who are committed to you, in relationship. They sing all around and over your life, and your heart is restored.

...a man who "gets me", who isn't threatened when I say what I am thinking.

...consequently, my daughters each married men who "get" them. After all, they've never known a male-female relationship to be any different. Don't all husbands "get" their wives? Don't all husbands have a wife who flourishes under his oversight and care?

...for books, blogs, and very, very smart phones. What a bold new world I live in.

...for new direction in my life, exciting new opportunities, new projects I'm itching to get started on...

...for the fact that I get to walk past a beautifully decorated nursery about twenty times a day - and each time, I feel the butterflies in my stomach, as I eagerly, joyfully anticipate the birth of a grandson. Born into my home. That, friends, is stinkin', sloppy blessed.

...for pedicures, hair grown out long this winter, and still being able to wear my size 8 Levi's - with spandex, but nevertheless...

...for Ralph Lauren pajamas - cotton, well made, comfortable, bought on clearance. And the knitted socks-of-many-colors I wear with them.

...for my boy, who scored 25+ points in the second half of his game last week, for a win. For living off of tall cups of coffee from Weigels, as we travel to the games. For falling into our beds after midnight, after the game.

...for a granddaddy who took my boy out to lunch today, and God was lavishing His favor upon the boy, based on the spritual riches of his grandaddy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can i ask you for more details? Great post needda know more...

Anonymous said...

There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working ,great job!.

Anonymous said...

This article was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this subject last Thursday..