Underlined Bits from Oswald Chambers

"Being justified freely by his grace..." Romans 3:24

The gospel of the grace of God awakens an intense longing in human souls and
an equally intense resentment, because the revelation which it brings is not
palatable. There is a certain pride in man that will give and give, but to
come and accept is another thing. I will give my life to martyrdom, I will
give myself in consecration, I will do anything, but do not humiliate me to
the level of the most hell-deserving sinner and tell me that all I have to
do is to accept the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.


We have to realize that we cannot earn or win anything from God; we must
either receive it as a gift or do without it. The greatest blessing
spiritually is the knowledge that we are destitute; until we get there our
Lord is powerless. He can do nothing for us if we think we are sufficient of
ourselves, we have to enter into his kingdom through the door of
destitution. As long as we are rich, possessed of anything in the way of
pride or independence, God cannot do anything for us. Only when we get
hungry spiritually then can we receive the Holy Spirit. The gift of the
essential nature of God is made effectual in us by the Holy Spirit, he
imparts to us the quickening life of Jesus, which puts "the beyond" within,
and immediately "the beyond" has come within, it rises up to "the above,"
and we are lifted into the domain where Jesus lives. John 3:5

1 comment:

MrsWendy said...

AMEN! Wow! Thanks for sharing this!!