French Bottle Drying Rack - and Hannah's Finally Finished Project

The UPS man (I heart him) brought me my French bottle drying rack today. My son-in-love Jonathan wasn't sure what it was...


Silly man. I had to show him...


Isn't this thing gorgeous? For those of you who don't know (new visitors, which I love getting!) my daughter Hannah and her husband Justin moved in with us last May, so that Justin could finish his internship and Master's degree without having to take a third job. Then, surprise! Hannah became pregnant, much to everyone's utter delight. My precious grandson was born December 14th, and came home with mommy and daddy to my house.

It became evident that we needed a gorgeous zinc bottle rack. Ahem. I get to see this, every morning when I wake up and shuffle into the kitchen for my coffee...




(Please excuse the knob-less cabinets. I still haven't picked out which knobs I want...)

I love this rack, next to the farmhouse style sink with its unique faucet, and those dish cloths I made. Beautiful. That is my opinion, feel free to make it yours. It is supposed to be much taller, but Jonathan managed to get it into two pieces for me, and you will love what I've done with the top half...


This just makes me so ridiculously happy. Right now it is on my bedside dresser. It will go into my office someday (after Justin, Hannah, and baby get their own house) and will be filled with spools of colorful thread and ribbon.


On another note, Hannah began crocheting a large baby blanket, as soon as she discovered she was pregnant. But she worked full time, right up until the time she had the baby, so she didn't have a lot of time to work on the blanket.

Now that she's been on maternity leave, she has been lovingly stitching during naptimes and while the whole family watches 24 on TV. She finally finished it yesterday, and it is gorgeous...



See the picture of my cute grandbay-bay on the wall above?



Every bit of it single-crocheted. A labor of love.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Well what more can a grandma ask for than a French Bottle Drying Rack ( really though it is both handy & unique also, the way you found another use for it makes me want to get one for my own ribbons and spools as well as my mason jars ) ...One thing though is the gorgeous work your daughter did on the afghan ....simply beautiful and the colors are soothing