Bifocal Readers - Where Have You Been All My Life?

I'm excited. Soon, the UPS man (I heart him, have I told you that before?) will be delivering these to my address:


A cute pair of rimless bifocal readers.

I never knew bifocal readers existed! I have near perfect eyesight, except for that "slightly-over-forty" issue with reading print up close. I've had an eye exam, and don't need prescription glasses...just readers. But life is such a hassle, having to take my readers off and put them back on, over and over. So I just wear 'em jacked up on my head, mostly. It is either that, or search for them constantly, or wear them around my neck like an eighty year old.

I am hoping these will solve my dilemma. A dilemma that gets especially acute when I am going back and forth between looking at, say, my checkbook registry, and my calculator that sits on the right hand corner of my desk. I get so confused. I've been known to rip off my readers, and mess up my own hair, with my own two hands, in sheer frustration.

Please agree with me that these glasses will look extremely cute on my face, and allow me to read my books and Kindle, and look off meditatively (and attractively) into the distance, and read the pharmacy phone number off my bottle of thyroid medicine, and also drive safely. Maybe even all at the same time.

I want it all. And I want it now.


6 comments:

Summer said...

Sheila , Those readers will look very pretty on you ....I myself never saw a pair just as such ....If you don't mind me asking who makes them ? .....I am searching for a pair myself but i would also like to buy a pair made in america if at all possible ( it is so darn hard to find stuff made in this country ) .....Have a very nice saturday !

Sheila Atchley said...

Hey Summer! I do believe these are made in the US. I found them at Debspecs.com

You have reminded me to go back in and edit this post to include the website. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hey you will look adorable, just be careful walking! I totally understand.... I search and search for mine all the time. I'll have to check put the web site
Love ya
Vickie e

Anonymous said...

HEY, squinting and smiling from 'across the mtns'... I came to ask the *very* question that Summer has already asked [THANK YOU, Summer!] and appreciate the info, dear'st SheilaFNOD. And I *AGREE* with 'how absolutely cute' you *will* look in those...and am hoping I will, also! Debspecs.com, here i come! :) LOVEU, me=mA, 'cross those mtns

Anonymous said...

...one more question i forgot to ask: what is the 'name of style' of your lovely new specs? THANK YOU for the info...

Sheila Atchley said...

These bifocal readers are called "Discover", and are item number C0567BF, from the website debspecs.com

:-)