Confessin' My Sin

Forgive me, Cool Police, for I have sinned...

For I am forty-something years old, and I am experimenting with a Bumpit...






Don't judge me, like my daughter did.



I just snapped her picture, and note: Alas, she has no Bump.

What can I say? I was in Wal-Mart last night, and there it was...one lone Bumpit-in-a-Box on an end cap, clearance priced. I could not resist the siren song of sporting That Cool Bump.

But apparently that Bump is only Cool if no one knows you are wearing a Bumpit.

Well, I am a full disclosure girl. Always have been.




My name is Sheila Atchley. And I wear a Bumpit and self tanner.



And I sometimes wear a perfume that has a borderline naughty and disreputable name. (I wear it for the smell, not for the name...)



And the nail color is Sally Hansen...



"Mauve It"...

Last but not least, if I am quiet for the next few days, it is because my Man and I are going out of town, to visit friends in Pleasant Garden NC (isn't the name of the place just happy???)





...and to bring our son home from Camp LeJeune for the Easter Weekend. I'll be taking my trusty Netbook, so I might blog from the road...then again, I might be too busy showing off my Bumpit to have time to chat.



I leave you with the following powerful visual:


Bump...


No Bump.

8 comments:

Jame said...

I personally *LOVE* it. I myself have wanted to get one of these to try. I saw some in an avon book but I must confess I have been chicken. But yours looks GREAT. I must try one for me now. Love you Jame

Unknown said...

LOL- okay mom!! I give
*throwing hands into the air*
Can I please borrow your bumpit??

Sheila Atchley said...

*thank* you, Jame.

...and yes, my child, you may borrow The Bumpit.

Far be it from me to carry a grudge. ;-)

MrsWendy said...

LOL! Y'all are TOO funny! And the 'bumpit' hair-do thingy looks good on you my friend! : )

Anonymous said...

hahaha...so *that's* what that 'thing' is that that 'commercial girl' who sells 'something i'm not remembering' has in her hair! Her 'hairdo' has always puzzled me and NOW i know what is 'in there'.
Yours, dear'st Sheila, on the other hand, looks QUITE lovely [and I also love the color of your nail polish! But my eyes are too blurry to read the name of the perfume, so I'll have to wait to have my 'distance' glasses on to read the screen... ::sigh::.
PRAYERS as you and Your Man head for the blessings of Pleasant Garden and Camp Lejeune :). Love, as ever. :o)))

Sarah Howe said...

I had a bump it........ and blew it! lol didn't know how to use it, and got teased when the plastic bump it showed proudly through my hair. *sigh*

Kelly said...

ahhhhahah, not laughing at the bumpit, but at all the funny comments, especially Sarah's. I needed a laugh, thank you all. It does look good on you though Sheila :) have a wonderful time in NC

Summer said...

This little gadget looks great ,I'm runnin' on over to Walmart to grab one because the more volume I can add to my hair the better....Menopause does something dreadful to a womans
beautiful mane....LOL ....Have a wonderful Resurrection Sunday !!