Almost Time for the Reveal

Yesterday, I tweeted about a project I commissioned Hannah to design and sew for me...

She got started right away...


...she designed the pattern herself, from concept to completion. All I did was show her my inspiration photo, and I chose the colorway, and the fabrics. She did the rest.


The colorway is slate gray, with mustard yellow. I wanted a graphic print, and I wanted the solid slate gray to be linen...100% linen.


Hannah sat down with graphing paper and laid out her pattern. Then she sewed a mock-up out of muslin (so as not to make any mistakes on the expensive linen), then she started on the actual __________ . She worked at least ten hours, from start to finish yesterday, and is finishing up today.


Sneak peek...she labeled all her pieces...


This has been a very detailed project, her most challenging so far, but I have to tell you...

She's nailed it. She's almost done - she's well past any danger of messing it up. I can clearly see that the outcome is going to be perfectly, exactly what I hoped for. I cannot wait to show you the finished product!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ohhh, I cannot wait, Hannah is truly gifted! I am on pins and needles waiting....