Where Does Inspiration Come From?


I aspire to inspire you.

as·pire/əˈspī(ə)r/Verb
1. Direct one's hopes or ambitions toward achieving something.

in·spire/inˈspī(ə)r/Verb
1. Fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, esp. to do something creative.

It is my dream and my ambition to fill you - yes, you personally and specifically - with the urge and the ability to do something creative, and to feel something sweet. If I can do that with excellence, I can die happy...someday...a long, long time from now.

Where does inspiration come from? Think about that, because it is a great question. The etymology of the word means to "breathe in Spirit".

Obviously, I think in terms of Genesis, when God breathed into man's nostrils the breath of life, and he became...

He became.

Before you can become anything - really become it - you have to be inspired. And all inspiration comes from God. There are avenues and means to be inspired, but the source is God, always. You see, He does not grow weary because He does not grow bored.

He is intensely interested in flowers, cooking, birds, motherhood, gardening, marriage, business, art, writing, and grand babies. He continues to maintain every created thing simply by the power of His word, and He delights in all of it, but most especially in the children of men. If He were to take just a thimble-full of His passion for His creation, and pour it into your heart, you would be inspired for a lifetime.

I am asking Him if I can, please, be His thimble.

No comments: