"Pink Saturday"

Well, I'm teaching myself digital SLR photography, and I'm taking you with me, if you'll be so kind. I'm focusing on....(no pun intended)...composition and aperture, here at first.

But to do that, I have to have an "assignment", a designated subject, something to give me a jumping off point. I've decided to use color as that jumping off point, and today I chose pink.

I chose pink on purpose because it is a difficult color. There isn't a whole lot of it in my world. Blue or orange or green would have been a far simpler subject-choice.

I am amazed at how absolutely fun this self-designated "assignment" was...how I viewed my ordinary Saturday through an entirely different and unusual "lens" (again, no pun intended)and how satisfying it was to search out a pink perspective.

Today, I simply shot at pink, wherever I saw it, wherever it "lived", without styling the pictures too much, and in some cases without styling the pictures at all. This is pink, as I found it, as I went about my day.

Turns out, this color has created a delightful diary of my summer Saturday...



Isaac's girlfriend Emily got a new kitty yesterday. She brought it by this morning for us to admire. See the pink nose? Emily's pink shirt?

This shot needs no explanation...


...nor does this one...

...or this one.



I don't have a lot of pink makeup, but I do have some...and this Sephora blush is my all time favorite. Highly, highly recommended.



A bit of pink in a Gap skirt...



Hanging just above my side of the bed...



a bit of ribbon...


...and thread...



...and pink thread, and pink bookmarks...



...and a pink book...



...and another pink book - one that happens to be one of my all time favorite "home and hearth" books.

one of the colored pencils is pink...



...the quilt that my grandson plays on has lots of faded pink - I seriously love this quilt - it looks so vintage, even though it isn't. The "shoot your own feet" shot is one that is so, so overdone, but I can't help but always love this perspective when I see it. Feet can and do tell such a story.


Some pink in the necklace I wore today...


And that was my morning. In the afternoon, Hannah and I loaded up the grandson and went to an outdoor art show, where Jonathan and Sarah
were set up, doing some "show and sell".




Aunt Sarah, standing guard over her sleeping nephew. If you look in the plate glass window, you can see me snapping the photo, in my be-flip-flopped feet.


Jonathan and Sarah - no pink in their art exhibit, but at least you have context for what comes next...


a mixed-media pink cupcake...



I want this T-shirt...


...hand made pink...

...and more hand made pink...

And now, the I-Ching of Pink...the Pinnacle of Pink...Quintessential Pink...


A very pink flamingo planter. For sale. Sixty-five dollars, and this beauty would have been yours.




Us girls got hot and bored, so we loaded up the baby, and left Jonathan and his father in law (who also happens to be my husband, the girls' father, and the grandson's grandfather, but I digress) to "man" the booth - again, no pun intended.



We went to a cute store, right around the corner from where we were, an indoor shop called "The Southern Market".




This is the kind of pink every girl needs!



Last, but not least, the final shot of the day was the most precious pink in this whole, wide, pink-containing world:




...the pink cheeks of auntie and nephew, each adoring the other.



Oh yeah. The money shot.


Tickles me...pink.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH.my. That last shot...of 'nephew and auntie'... *should* win any photo contest in which it is entered. OVER the top precious! :o)))))

Summer said...

YOU GO GIRL !!!!!!! ......I have finally got a break and a moment to be online amidst all this shoppe planning !!!! Someday when we visit Tennessee I am visiting you .... Someday !!.....Your grandbaby is adorable !!! and growing so fast .

Sheila Atchley said...

Summer! I was just thinking of you and wondering how the shop was going! You have to come visit. I would looooove it.

MomAnn, thank you. For being proud...for the prayers...for the endless encouragement.

Javamom said...

I'm with Ann on that last one :-). Absolutely adorable!

My second favporite it the pink heart pottery dish. Oh, yes.

Unknown said...

Who couldn't love that last shot! It "stole the show" :)
I think you should do purple next - wonder if it would be even more obscure?