Words...Worn

Most of you know - I am all about words. I decorate my home and I garnish my inner world with the best of them.

And now...I decorate myself and others with words!










This is my demo - my very first bracelet. Hannah has already claimed it as her own, and she says she'd buy more. I trust her fashion sixth sense. If Hannah loves it, others will too.





I will be designing different widths of bracelets, different words, different colorways, some with embellishment, some not.





This very first demo is a hand sewn bracelet, with antiqued metal closures on the other side (OOPS! I'll get a picture of the pretty clasp, when I put one like this up in my shop. When I finally get my shop up and running, that is.) The "Grace" bracelet is hand embroidered (by me) on burlap (burlap won't fray, because of the special sewing treatment I gave it) , and the embroidered burlap is attached securely to the fabric bracelet. The fabric for this bracelet is in a mustard yellow/teal blue colorway.




More ideas and designs are on the way....even a few collections are in the works - a "Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter" collection of four, a Christmas holiday collection, a Good Word collection(based on a Scripture), a French collection, a Romantic collection, perfect for Valentines, and a colorway collection.


I am having such fun designing and creating these. I'll let you know when I have hand- sewn enough of these bracelets (and other things!) to put up a little online shop. I already own the domain I've chosen - I just wish very much that I had the computer skills to design a nice, marketable website...if anyone knows of a web designer who charges reasonable prices, do let me know!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

So excited about more... I'm going to get me an Autumn bracelet too!!!

Kelly said...

Oh I like these! Will your shop have baby blocks? Between you and Hannah I will never have any money :)

Anonymous said...

WORDS words WORDS... what a *creative* and wonderful, beautiful way to use words... without saying a word!
Praying for your endeavor to be highly favored and blessed!
You and Hannah [and Sarah] are amazing with your creative juices!

Sheila Atchley said...

Thanks, ladies! :-) I have a grand total of four made up, so far. ::sigh:: it is amazing how much TIME and re-working of design has to go into something seemingly so simple. I keep finding little imperfections and "bugs" that I keep having to work out, to make the bracelets better and better.

Summer said...

I am Lovin' Them Sheila .... Get sewin cause you already have a fan club !!!!!.....Rest too !