Books I Want

I've decided to start a new blog post category: "Books I Want"

Because there are so many. So many books, so little time. Which means this topic will supply me with an endless variety of blog posts.

This one is available on Kindle, but...ahem...I've already bought one Kindle book this week, a Seth Godin classic, and that is all I allow myself. Oh wait. Make that two, but one was only $2, so it doesn't count, really, in the budget.






"Letting Go of the Try Hard Life". Me, too, Emily. Me too. You might be the BFF I haven't met yet. I let go too...and the funny thing is, I am accomplishing more than ever.



A quote from this book, as supplied by the lovely Ann Voskamp, who made me aware of this book on her blog...

It was important for me to get to a place where I saw myself as a prodigal, because the weak recognize their need so much more quickly than the strong….

We already have the love and acceptance of our Father, so why do we try so hard to earn it?”


Oh. If ever a sentence or two succinctly expresses the grace journey that evolved in my life, about three years ago, the above words express it. I was brought so gloriously, painfully to the end of myself. Some, very dear to me, didn't understand. At all. Why?

This is a place most women are afraid to linger, this "end of myself". When you get to that place, aren't you supposed to pull yourself out?



Well...I lingered. I lingered with tenacity. Tears. Developing a passion for Christ Alone.

And was forever changed.

This author sounds like a kindred spirit.

2 comments:

knmkendall said...

Hi Sheila, I am reading this book right now on my Kindle. It is SO GOOD! Yes, I think you would love it. She writes beautifully and takes my breath away by how she says exactly what I feel. Be sure to let us know if you get it and how you like it! I'd love to hear your thoughts on it too. God bless you!

Unknown said...

I love this... and now I too want a new book :) You should work it into your budget so that when you're done I can read it!