Our Son is Coming Home Wednesday...



...and we take delight in him...

"Pick Yourself Up"

Nothing's impossible, I have found
For when my chin is on the ground
I pick myself up, dust myself off, start all over again!

Don't lose your confidence, if you slip
Be grateful for a pleasant trip
And pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again

Work like a soul inspired till the battle of the day is won.
You may be sick and tired, but you'll be a man, my son!
Don't you remember the famous men who had to fall to rise again?
They picked themselves up, dust themselves off, and started all over again!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And with you & Pastor as his parents, he will shake it all off & be fine.

BOO-T-ful Halloween wishes~
TTFN ~
Hugs,Marydon

Anonymous said...

LOVE that poem... and I LOVE that our Omniscient God-Who-is-ABLE knows the exact day and hour that your son/ His child, Josiah, will be stepping over the threshold of home. And His plan for him is good...for HOPE and a FUTURE. He is our GOD of RESTORATION. Our prayers continue for Josiah. And we thank our GOD for His unending GRACE... WELCOME HOME, Josiah! <3 We love you all...
~ 'us' over the mtns

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what a birthday gift! You spoke no truer words my sister ! We all fall down, we all get back up!! Grace grace grace! Thank You Lord for picking us up time after time and holding us and our loved ones in Your arms from which we can not be seperated!

Robin in New Jersey said...

Is this the one who is in the Marines? My son leaves in December for bootcamp. :(