Josh Garrels



Friends, I am sitting in a gym in Nashville Tennessee, even as we speak.  (It's about 3 PM central time, on this cloudy Saturday).  I am waiting to see my youngest son play in a basketball tournament, but I had to go to lots of trouble to log onto the World Wide Web, to tell you something important.

(my man is being my hot spot, and that might not mean what you think it does...it's pretty complicated.)

Josh Garrels.  He is my latest discovery, and I have to admit he's better than Audible.com poetry.

Read about him here, in Christianity Today. 

Then run.  I repeat, run, do not walk.  Run here, to download his newest album...for free. 
Then burn it to CD, and give it to every teen and college kid you know.


This guy is the real deal.  Trust me, I wouldn't go to all this trouble of getting a hot spot from my Preacher, if it weren't going to rock your world.  (And if you don't understand what I just said, give it time and get a smart phone.)  Listen to each song.  Really listen to the lyrics.

A voice to this generation.  A man who has sacrificed his own personal finances for the Kingdom of God, to get the message of the Kingdom out there.

Do what we did, and after downloading the free album, purchase his old stuff.  It is excellent too!

4 comments:

Jonathan Trentham said...

Sterling Burke showed him to me earlier this week, and I have been showing him to everyone I've found.

Good stuff!

Javamom said...

okay, I will give him a second listen. I downloaded this about ten days ago on the recommendation of a CM friend here in my fair city, but his voice annoyed me on the first song, and the instrumentation/arrangements sounded outdated. I might have been in a funk that day, though. Will pay closer attention to the lyrics. :-)

Thanks for pushing me to try again,

Javamom

Javamom said...

Oh!! I liked Ulysees!! :-)

Sheila Atchley said...

Kim, I had the same initial reaction. But I "just so happened" to leave the downloaded album playing while I did other things...and found the music growing on me - because of the lyrics.

So I totally get what you are saying. And I liked that song too!