Pray for Our Injured Soldiers



Some of you, especially Harvest members, might remember our "extra Marine" we ended up with, for the Easter holiday last April.   He's the young man on the right in the above picture.  He was such a delightful guest, and we shared the Gospel with him, with all our heart.  He was part of our family for one long weekend of leave.  We took that seriously, and enfolded him into our hearts and lives for the short time he was here.

He is alive, but he was injured a little over a week ago, by an explosive - he was in deployment, I won't say where.  When I saw his picture on Facebook, sitting in his hospital bed, he was smiling that same big smile, and doing his "thumbs up".  Just like what you see up there.  That made me teary-eyed.

I'm thinking of him tonight, and I'm thinking of another Army soldier injured a few days ago.  I got the email and request for prayer for this young soldier with a wife and babies - a "GI Joe" whose name and location I've been asked not to reveal.

Please pray for these two soldiers.  God knows exactly who they are.  Please pray for all our injured soldiers.   

3 comments:

MrsWendy said...

Praying!

Susan said...

Many prayers for your "extra Marine" ... and thank you for your prayers for our soldier ... oh How my heart goes out to these young military who daily put themselves in the line of danger ...

Our soldier is making progress & had his last leg surgery yesterday! Praises to God Almighty ... he met his 18 day old son for the 1st time on Sunday -- the Lord's Day :)

Thank you for asking prayer for him & his young family. Love to you, my friend :)

Robin in New Jersey said...

Reading this makes my heart race. I will pray for these two Marines.

My son starts the Crucible tomorrow.
He graduates the 9th. We are looking forward to seeing him again.