Journal Page

Sorry about the terrible photography.  This was a "snap the picture and throw it up on my blog" sort of thing...


This is a page out of my "art journal" - - meaning:  I use colored ink and experiment with Zentangles and write original poetry and play with whimsical, hand-written graphic fonts.  (The above font is called "French Manicure".  I know.  I bought a book on hand-written fonts.  And I ramble, but that's okay.  Just flow with me ...after all, you are here, and you gotta play the hand you're dealt.  And I'm dealin'.)

It says:

  "...in a religious culture of artificial, tightly controlled environments, I am a glad oddity - a seemingly irresponsible saint, out of reach of religious manipulation, and in need of no justification beyond what is already mine through Christ Jesus..."


I know, right?  I'm irrepressible.  I'm becoming ridiculously free.  The weird thing is, the free-er I get, the more I want to love and serve and obey.

I think of it like I do my marriage.  I know Tim loves me.  I mean...I know.  The man is crazy for me.  He is a card carrying member of the "I Heart Sheila" club...and it has a membership of one.  He laughs at all my jokes, and still chases me around after 25 years and 10 pounds and 2 grandchildren.

And do you know what?  It does not make me want to "get away" with a thing.  It doesn't make me lazy.  It doesn't make me an apathetic wife.

Sort of makes me want to love him more.

Grace, grace, grace.

Learn it.  Grow in it.

2 comments:

MrsWendy said...

This is so good! Love the quote from your personal art journal and the beautiful word picture you painted too, comparing marriage and grace. Good stuff, my dear friend! Good stuff!

MrsWendy said...

PS...also love the little update on your garden in the previous post! :)