Good Friday, More Art For Missions, and The Art of Makoto Fujimura




A Good Friday, after dinner treat...




Last year's hand-made rejoicing...



 More Art for Missions...
SOLD


 Acrylics, modeling paste, watercolors, matte gel with colored tissue paper, hand-stamping, ink, all rendered in spring colors, layered upon pages of antique hymnals, with a strip of antique hymnal fully visible at the bottom...
10x10 canvas, $45, postage paid
SOLD
If you'd like this mixed media canvas, email me, and I'll ship it out to you.


Half of all I make on my art goes to our Harvest Church teens' mission trip to the streets of southern California this June -  the other half goes back into art supplies.





Easter display, in my foyer, with a very special Makoto Fujimura's Four Gospels Project, a gift given to me last year - and an absolute treasure. This book was not manufactured, it was crafted.  If you can possibly have one for yourself, you won't regret it!  It launched me into a Makoto Fujimura "craze" that continues to this day.  I devour everything he writes and paints.  I feel like I finally understand - and I love -  abstract art, when Fujimura puts it in context of Scripture.





I created my Easter display with Fujimura's Four Gospels, opened to one of my favorite pages with the account of the Resurrection on the left, and a painting on the right.  (I have to say, I was so overwhelmed by the lavish love of this gift last year, I couldn't even blog about it. I quietly treasured it up in my heart, a secret between me, God, and the giver of the gift...) I scattered my mercury glass birds all around, and even behind the large illuminated Bible, where you can't see them in the picture.  I also placed my four-sided Easter candleholder, depicting the Last Supper, the Crucifixion, the Pieta, and the Resurrection...


No deep thoughts today - not because I am not thinking them, but because they are beyond words, right at this moment.  My fingers don't want to type them yet, and my heart wants to linger longer over the things I hear God saying to me.

Ponder the power of the cross.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Abstracts...doesn't have to make sense, but it is wondrously beautiful. It is up to the viewer to see what is there...or not there. Most of all...I think abstracts forces us to see things in a new way.

JO said...

Thanks for sharing...very nice work.

MrsWendy said...

How did I miss this blog post?! Very glad that I was going back through your posts and read this one! Will go and watch the videos, when I have more time to do so. But I just wanted to stop a second and tell you that I LOVELOVELOVE your artwork! My favorite was the one with the little red flowers, "Grow in Grace". (I think it has already sold.) But keep up the good work! Looking forward to seeing more of your artwork in the future!

PS...also enjoyed the posts on your Easter! :) And just think...this time next year, you'll have TWO grandbabies on the front porch, joining in the family celebration! :)