I've Gone Emo...

I've gone Emo.



Real Tears.  I've completely cried off what little makeup I put on this morning. And I thought that the distraction of taking my own picture would make it stop.  Nope.


It is the week of my youngest son's high school graduation.


And I've gone Emo.

God, help me.

I may as well give in and wear the skinny jeans with the canvas sneakers, paint my fingernails black, and experiment with my hair color, because I am way too in touch with my emotions this week.

I defy you to graduate your youngest from your home school, listen to country music whilst running Graduation Errands, and not cry your butt off.

Pray for me, friends.  I am truly afraid of what I might be capable of, this Saturday evening at 6 o'clock, as The Preacher and I walk across the stage to meet our youngest, and hand him his diploma.

What if I sob?

What if I have to exit stage left, crawling on my hands and knees?

What if I decide to sell Amway?

What if I move to Post-Yuppie Farm Road,  and start killing my own cows and milking Nubian goats?

Nah.  I'd rather get a nose piercing.

Help me, Rhonda.  God, grant me the serenity.  And get me through this weekend.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be your most graceful , strong self! .... I have no doubt...
Job well done good and faithful home school Mom!

Love you,
Vickie

Sheila Atchley said...

::sniff::

Thank you, beautiful friend. YOU KNOW I love you...

Robin in New Jersey said...

Congratulations on graduating all of your children! I think you are getting it out of your system before the ceremony and when the day comes, you will be all smiles!

Sheila Atchley said...

Robin, you were pretty much right. :-) I felt whole and happy, felt blessed and *knew* God was pleased. At one point, looking over at that 6'3" baby, tears began to flood...but I used my trusty trick of counting backwards from 99 to distract my mind from the emotion. I lovelove that boy. God isn't finished with him. He was the "momma's boy" for all his life. He only grew out of that a very few years ago. We are close, though I may yet kill him and tell God he died. ;-)
Thanks for stopping by!