My New Studio

Here is what I've been working on today.

Forgive the shadow-y picture, I just now (as in this minute) shot it with my phone, and it is nearly 11 PM.  There is no way I'm breaking out the Big Girl Camera at the moment.  I'm just too tired.

I'm in the process of moving my "studio" out of my dining room, and into my bedroom.  You are looking at my Mother's Day gift from The Preacher.  New desk and easel!  And I used a gift card from my youngest son to get the cool shelf that you see...with metal bins for paints and rod upon which I hung up all my ribbons and clipped up some of my fabric samples and embroidery.

To the left of that, you see my $6 find from today!  A metal thingey.  I put a wooden dowel through one part of it, to hang my burlap (used for a cool backing on my small 5x5 canvases) and also my kraft paper (backing for canvases larger than 5x5).  Then you see a really large canvas that scares me, so I haven't faced it yet.  Then you see some upholstery fabric.  Oh, and a small stool that will keep my tiny netbook (upon which I am now typing away) visible but safe from water and paint and matte medium - where I can access it while working.

I've even already started a new Inspiration Wall.  There are several pictures torn from various magazines and taped to the wall behind my easel.  That wall will fill up soon, I am sure.

More pictures tomorrow.  I am worn out, but happy!  My Inner Muse is producing and the mojo was full-on today!

"Never forget that the nurturing and preservation of your own muse is job one. Lose it and you may be losing a great deal."

-Robert Genn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I *love* it all !!! How exciting that it's in your bedroom, where you can wake up and before even getting out of bed, look over and see your 'Grace Corner' ~ FULL of possibilities, promises, delight, blessing. BEAU.TI.FUL. ~ Praying for inspiration and 'above and beyond' to pour from this and bless you and those whom God will touch from here. ~ me, over the mtns. :o)))

Sheila Atchley said...

It feels full of possibility! "Positive - ability". I got a BUNCH more done today...in terms of study and oh, just everything important. I love having my own space, however small. Love backatcha...right on over the mountains...