PayPal Now Available - Art For Missions - New In The Shop!

For your convenience, PayPal is now available - an easy way for you to purchase my original art, and in so doing, contribute to our church's youth group missions trip this June!

Brand new, in the shop ~  SOLD

 12x12 mixed media canvas, "Free Indeed"
(click on picture for an enlarged view...)


done in acrylics, guache, gesso, watercolors, and inks, on a background of antique book and hymnal papers...gallery-wrap style painted edges, so this can be hung without a frame.


...flower detail...


pages from an old, old hymnal...


...more flower detail...stylized flowers dominate the aqua blue, ivory, and white background...

 hanging on the wall in my studio...
$55, postage paid  SOLD


Next up, is this sweet little canvas ~

In this photo, you can see all the pretty details, but the canvas background reads a little more "yellow" than it actually is...see the next photo...(and click on any picture for an enlarged view)



"My Mother"
5x5 mixed media canvas, beautifully and unusually mounted on cast iron trivet

 I found four of these beautiful antique keys the other day...I snatched them all up.  One made its way onto this canvas.  Reading is the key to wisdom and knowledge...



page from an antique book, peeking out on the top...it reads "Literary Lanes"...


excerpt from a poem by Strickland Gillian
"...richer than I you could never be - I had a mother who read to me."



If you don't have a PayPal account, please email me, and we can make arrangements for payment and receipt of your art!


I have an opportunity to put my art in a shop in Pennsylvania, and I may have a chance to do my first art show...in November...and I'm told it is a major art show.


I will keep you posted!


There will be more new things up on my blog-shop very soon...please stay tuned, and thanks for all the love.  It means so very, very much to me! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheila, I MORE than LOVE the daisy one!!!! I love the mounted one too, but I love the fresh colors of the daisy one so much!!! Such a great job!!!
Megan

Sheila Atchley said...

Thank you Megan! :-) I appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment...

Javamom said...

You've got mad skills, SheilaMae! When did you start this? It's fantastic, and so "you" from the bits of visiting over the years. This is much better than clothing design :-) (though both are fun).
The portion of the Shape-note hymn showing prominantly makes this a win-win visually and aesthetically.
I do love the red one in the thumbnail below this post. Going to go check it out now.

Where are the youth headed this summer? Tell me more (perhaps you've already written that somewhere else, and I simply need to look). It's almost hard to believe that it is almost summer!

Sheila Atchley said...

THANK YOU KIM! Sharing my art feels too much like undressing. Whew. Vulnerable! So, when I get positive feedback from someone whose opinion I trust, it means more than you know.

I started selling my art about...a month ago. ACK! And to my surprise, it is selling.

Our youth are going to southern California - where there is truly a cultural meltingpot. They will be training in evangelism under our good friend Mike Giordano, of LifeQuest ministry.

Our hope is that our teens will be ignited for ministry, and come home fired up to take the Gospel to their friends and to the streets of our city in fresh, new ways.