W.E.L.L. Being - A Video Weblog (Women Equipped to Love and Lead)

I've been a week, now, without a voice. I hate being sick. But I didn't make this video this week. I shot this W.E.L.L. Being Series video a couple of weeks ago...and then I sat on it.


 Why, you ask? Because I was afraid some friends of ours might feel I was directly referencing them - they have recently moved to the country. I wasn't thinking of them when I made this piece - I didn't even find out where exactly they actually live, now, until a day or two AFTER I finished it.


 I am going ahead and publishing this because...well, because first of all, it is the truth. Secondly, I have been "all about" this message since the turn of this millennium - I wrote about it in a series of essays that date back to the year 2001, and I can reference blog posts right here on this blog beginning in '08.


 So there you have it. Anyone who has moved to the country since 2001...I am not talking directly to you.


 But if anything I say in this video applies to your life, then heck yes, I am talking to you.


 Deal with it.  (Not really...I only say that for fun.)


 Without further ado, here is the video...and please excuse the too-loud music. I'm still deep in Beta Mode, when it comes to creating my weblog videos. Many thanks in advance for your patience!


 

PS.  I am laughing out loud (well...croaking out loud) - please also excuse "The Hand" that pops up, now and again, with the air quotes and other such gestures.  I don't know who that is.

Just kidding.  It's me.  But it looks like someone is hiding just below camera level, mocking me...

Now that I've ruined this for you.  You won't take it seriously a'tall.

2 comments:

Robin in New Jersey said...


Amen, Sheila! I am so glad I took the time to sit and listen to your voice this morning.

I especially liked what you said around the 8-9 minute mark.

Looking forward to your next talk. Hope you get better soon.

Have a great day!

Linda Bentzen said...

you make me think