My Best Art Show Yet {...an emotional weekend...}

Thank you, Knoxville. Thank you, Whittington Creek community. Thank you, clients and friends. Because of your support, I broke my record for sales in one show!













The Preacher and I loaded down his F150 on Thursday. We worked so hard to set up an inviting space, and fill it with my original art.














Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday looked like this. I met so many great people, both vendors and customers.















I so appreciated that so many of my friends dropped by. This is Jonathan and his beautiful girl, Elisa. LOTS of others came by...this is about the only picture I had time to capture, though.














...she sold! She is only my third sculpture, and she went to a lovely home, and a new client. And you know what? I miss her.



Come Sunday at 5, we had to take down my tent and pack everything up. Then we went to see my youngest son at the MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) location - a downtown motel. We shared dinner with him there, and when we had to leave him, I waited until The Preacher and I got to our truck...then, I cried until I couldn't breathe.


Then, early Monday morning, we went back downtown to be a part of this...
























He was sworn in, officially, and just like that...

...he was gone. He is on Parris Island as we speak, receiving the best training in the world...to become the less than 1% of world population...

A United States Marine.

The boy will beast it, we know.

But this week....I am careworn and weary to the bone. I'd appreciate your prayers.





Posted using BlogPress from my iPad