Wear Your Praise Wednesday {...dresses as shirts...}

(image from allyandashley.com)


Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that hemlines have been alarmingly short in recent days?  That girl up there, she is beautiful, but whoever told her she was wearing a dress was punking her.  

I think that these teeny-tiny short dresses are on their way out, and the "midi dress" or "midi skirt" is making a roaring comeback.  

And that makes me sad.

It makes me sad because never...ever, in my memory...has there been a better selection of beautiful tunic-style tops as we have seen in the era of the Teeny Tiny Dress.

Still.  Younger gals, here is a piece of advice from someone who, though she is almost 50, still has some fashion chops:  if you have to wonder if it is a dress or a top...it is a top.  If it could kind of, sort of be either one...it is a top.

That dress up there?  Most.  Gorgeous.  Shirt.  Ever.

So, because I'd do anything for you, I dug around in my closet for the tops I have that were merchandised to me as dresses...


...and if this isn't proof that this dress is a shirt,  I can't help you.  And I can't ever take myself seriously when I shoot these blog posts.  

It's going to get worse, people, so if you are going to bail on me, do it now.


This little number is from Modcloth.com  I call it my hippie dress, only it could never be a dress because I can't praise the Lord in it.





This dress/shirt is a design by Jeanne Oliver,   and is no longer available.

Don't cry.




(Jeanne...this is me...begging you to design more dresses.  Because I need more shirts.)



Last but not least, I chose a dress that I actually do wear as a dress.  Just to keep you confused.






But no, really.  I wear it as a dress.  I only want you to open your closet and expand your horizons.  



Just don't wear a ball gown as a top.


Um.  Nevermind.



No comments: